Hello! I am Andrés, a web developer and software engineer from Honduras.
I focus mainly on back-end web development, using Ruby on Rails, Django and Python. I am also a Java programmer and serverless lover.
When I am not coding, I love to spend my time playing chess, guitar, weight training, learning languages, hiking, diving, exploring new places, planning my next adventure, learning new things and just trying to become better everyday.
Masters in Information Systems and Applications
National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan (2013-2015)
BSc Computer Science
UNITEC, Honduras (2008-2012)
Software Engineer - E-Libro (2017 - Present)
- Service oriented architecture of book processing platform using Amazon Web Services.
- Serverless services for processing PDF files for images, content, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) using Python and NodeJS.
- Development of a content manager desktop Netbeans Platform Java application for uploading books en masse to cloud.
- Django web application development.
- REST API development using Django REST Framework.
- Python 3
- Django REST Framework
- Netbeans Platform
- AWS S3
- AWS Lambda
- AWS SNS
- AWS SQS
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS RDS
- AWS ElasticBeanstalk
- Serverless Framework
Software Engineer - Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) (2015 - 2017)
- Maintenance of ITRI’s OpenStack and data center monitoring platform (PDCM).
- Development of new features and add-ons for PDCM.
- ZenPack development for Zenoss Core 4.
- Integration between OpenStack’s Ceilometer and PDCM.
- Juju Charm development
- Python 2
- Python 3
- Zenoss Core 4
- Zope 2
SAP Developer - Grupo POPA (2011)
Development of add-on applications for SAP BusinessOne using Microsoft Visual Studio and SAP SDK.
- SAP BusinessOne
- Visual Basic
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
Open Source Contributions
- TOCFL (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language) Listening & Reading
- TOCFL (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language) Speaking