I am Andrés, a web developer and software engineer from Honduras.
I focus mainly on back-end web development using Ruby on Rails, but I am also a very good Python programmer and developer, with experience in using various monitoring tools and cloud computing technologies.
When I am not coding, I love to spend my time playing chess, flamenco guitar, weight training, learning languages, hiking, diving, exploring new places, planning my next adventure, learning new things and just trying to become better everyday.
Masters in Information Systems and Applications
National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan (2013-2015)
BSc Computer Science
UNITEC, Honduras (2008-2012)
Software Engineer - E-Libro (2017 - Present)
- Service oriented architecture of platform using Amazon Web Services.
- AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway services for processing PDF files for images, content, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Development of a content manager desktop Java application for uploading book data to database and book files to Amazon S3.
- Python 3
- Django REST Framework
- AWS S3
- AWS Lambda
- AWS SNS
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS RDS
- AWS ElasticBeanstalk
Software Engineer - Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) (2015 - 2017)
- Maintenance of ITRI’s OpenStack and data center monitoring platform (PDCM).
- Development of new features and add-ons for PDCM.
- ZenPack development for Zenoss Core 4.
- Integration between OpenStack’s Ceilometer and PDCM.
- Juju Charm development
- Python 2
- Python 3
- Zenoss Core 4
- Zope 2
SAP Developer - Grupo POPA (2011)
Development of add-on applications for SAP BusinessOne using Microsoft Visual Studio and SAP SDK.
- SAP BusinessOne
- Visual Basic
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
Open Source Contributions
- TOCFL (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language) Listening & Reading
- TOCFL (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language) Speaking